2020 brings a new ISI national event to the spectacular Pacific Northwest. ISI West Coast Championships is set for Jan. 17-19 (Martin Luther King Jr. holiday weekend) at Sprinker Recreation Center in Tacoma, Washington. Nestled along the Puget Sound, this lively city is surrounded by the natural beauty of water, mountains and forests. Test and entry deadline for the event has been extended through Nov. 15. Visit skateisi.org/westcoastchamps.
FUN things to do in Tacoma:
- Journey across one of the coolest landmarks in the city — the Chihuly Bridge of Glass.
- Check out antique cars at the LeMay – America’s Car Museum.
- Spot animals and marine creatures at Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium.
- Explore the Foss Waterway Seaport, showcasing historic boats, steam engines, whale exhibits and more.
- Visit the Museum of Glass, where you can watch live glassblowing demonstrations.
Adventurers will want to take a day trip to Mount Rainier National Park for majestic scenery and winter fun in the snow. For those who want to hit the slopes to ski and/or snowboard, Crystal Mountain, The Summit at Snoqualmie and Stevens Pass are all within a one to two-hour drive.
For more information, visit traveltacoma.com
Photos courtesy of Travel Tacoma & Pierce County